BUTLER AMAZING RACE
Saturday, Sept. 10th. Starting line is at St. Michael the Archangel
10am-2pm, $10 per student. Click Events for more information!
MIDDLE SCHOOL SWIM PARTY
Penn Valley Swim Club. Date/time to be determined. All middle school
students and incoming 6th graders are welcome. No fee.
Prayer to Saint Aloysius Gonzaga, Patron of Youth
Dear Christian youth, you were a faithful follower of Christ in the Society of Jesus. You steadily strove for perfection while generously serving the plague-stricken. Help our youth today who are faced with a plague of false cults and false gods. Show them how to harness their energies and to use them for their own and others' fulfillment—which will redound to the greater glory of God. Amen.
· Feast Day: June 21
· Type of Feast: Memorial
· Readings: Sirach 48:1-14; Psalm 97:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7; Matthew 6:7-15
· Dates: March 9, 1568 (Castiglione delle Stiviere, Italy)-June 21, 1591 (Rome)
· Birth Name: Luigi Gonzaga
· Patron of: Youth; students
· Beatification: October 19, 1605, by Pope Paul V
· Canonization: December 31, 1726, by Pope Benedict XIII